For its ability to stimulate metabolism and fight inflammation, green tea is one of the best supplements to lose abdominal fat effectively.
Among the many varieties that exist, green tea is especially recommended to lower the fat accumulated in the abdomen. It is not a miraculous product against overweight. Rather, it serves as a supplement to speed up metabolism and reduce body weight.
Green tea (Camellia sinensis) comes from Chinese culture. To produce it, fresh leaves are collected which, after being subjected to drying, are pressed, rolled and crushed. The fact that it undergoes oxidation during processing makes it a special tea.
It also stands out for its high content of antioxidants and essential minerals. Hence its anti-inflammatory and detoxifying effects, which contribute to eliminate toxins from the body. Combining it with other ingredients is a way to enhance its effects. Next, we will share with you 3 recipes that will help you to get a flatter stomach. Take note!
Consume green tea to lose abdominal fat
Many people have started consuming green tea to lose abdominal fat. Among the many benefits for health, highlights its ability to help lose weight. Why? It is the question that could be asked. Well, because:
- It helps stimulate caloric expenditure , which contributes to the reduction of body weight.
- It boosts metabolism and increases the action of digestive enzymes.
- It has diuretic properties that fight fluid retention and inflammation.
- Its purifying compounds support the cleaning of the blood and favor the elimination of the toxins that affect the cells.
- The epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG) and L-theanine that it possesses, reduces the accumulation of abdominal fat.
The best drinks with green tea to lose abdominal fat
Green tea can be purchased in infusion bags, ready and cold, or even in the form of pills. However, the healthiest way to take it is to infuse it just before drinking. And, as we mentioned before, mixed with other healthy ingredients, its effects can be enhanced. Here are some ideas for you to prepare yourself at home.
1. Green tea drink with mint
The Mint is one of the natural ingredients that enhance the effects of green tea to lose abdominal fat. Thanks to its antioxidant content and anti-inflammatory properties, this drink that combines green tea and mint, is ideal to reduce overweight.
- 1 cup of water (250 ml)
- 1 teaspoon of green tea (15 g)
- 5 mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon of honey (25 g)
- Put the water to heat and, when it boils, add the green tea and mint.
- Reduce the heat to a minimum and let it infuse for 5 minutes.
- Next, remove it and wait for 15 more minutes to rest.
- When it is at a suitable temperature for consumption, strain it and sweeten it with the honey spoonful.
- Eat the infusion on an empty stomach for 2 or 3 weeks in a row.
- Rest for a week and challenge it.
2. Green tea smoothie with avocado
The diuretic and detoxifying properties of this shake with green tea and avocado are a great support to reduce measures of the abdomen. In addition, thanks to its combination of energetic ingredients, this drink is ideal to increase physical and mental performance .
On the other hand, it should be noted that it concentrates powerful antioxidants and fatty acids that improve the functions of metabolism. It also promotes the formation of muscle mass and helps reduce anxiety about food.
- 1 teaspoon of green tea (5 g)
- ½ cup of water (125 ml)
- ½ ripe avocado
- 1 ripe banana
- 3 almonds
- Pour the amount of green tea indicated in the water and bring it to a boil.
- When it reaches a boil, turn off the heat and let it rest for 15 minutes.
- Next, strain the drink and transfer it to the glass of the blender.
- Next, add the avocado pulp, the sliced banana and the almonds.
- Process everything for a few moments until you get a homogeneous drink without lumps.
- Take the shake on an empty stomach and wait at least 30 minutes for breakfast.
- If you wish, take it also in the afternoon.
- Drink it, at least, 3 times a week.
3. Drink of green tea, pineapple and guarana
Pineapple and guarana enhance the ability of green tea to reduce abdominal fat. This combination of ingredients helps to detoxify the blood and promotes the elimination of liquids retained in the tissues.
On the other hand, its nutrients contribute to improve renal and hepatic functions, avoiding its deterioration due to the excess of toxins. Helps to fight, in addition, constipation and decreases inflammation of the belly and extremities.
- 2 cups of water (500 ml)
- 1 teaspoon of green tea (15 g)
- 1 slice of chopped pineapple
- ½ teaspoon of guarana powder (2.5 g)
- Boil the cups of water.
- When they reach the boiling point, add green tea, pineapple and guarana powder.
- Let them boil on fire for at least 5 minutes, and turn off the heat.
- Finally, let it sit for around 15 minutes and strain it. You’re ready to drink!
- Take a cup of this drink on an empty stomach and in the afternoon.
- Drink it, at least, 3 times a week or for 2 consecutive weeks.
Have you tried these remedies with green tea to lose abdominal fat? Do not hesitate to make them a space in your diet. As you see, they are easy to prepare, and their health benefits, many. Especially, if we talk about losing weight.