It is very important that you do not skip dinner so as not to slow down your metabolism. Also, try to eat dinner soon so that when you go to bed you have already digested.
Is it possible to lose weight even before going to sleep? Of course. Our metabolism is always working, so we can always implement simple strategies to keep it active. We must bear in mind that the last part of the day is still very important when it comes to losing weight, so it is worth taking into account certain guidelines.
Today, in our space we want to show you how you can keep losing weight just before going to sleep.
1. The importance of dinner
There are many people who decide to skip dinner thinking that, in this way, they will be able to lose weight more easily. It’s a mistake. Not having dinner at night will mean spending about 10 hours in which our body will not receive any nutrients . Consequently, two things can happen to us: the first and most serious, not feeding us correctly. The second, that our metabolism becomes slower.
Solution? It is important that you dine, and that you do it following these recommendations:
- You should have dinner two hours before going to sleep.
- The dinner should be light.
- Surely you have heard that it is important to dine «little and balanced». There are those who hear this fall into the classic error of preparing only a salad. Nor is it adequate. Ideally, our dinners contain proteins, fibers, rich vitamins and even carbohydrates.
- You should be careful precisely with salads, since, at these last hours of the day, they are not usually very digestive. Vegetable soups are very suitable. An example? Pumpkin soup with cinnamon, or zucchini, garlic or oatmeal soup. Delicious! You can combine them with a little salmon.
2. Half an hour walk
It’s not about running and getting tired. The only thing we seek is to relax and keep our metabolism active. For this, it is very rewarding, for example, to go for a walk with your pet or with another person who accompanies you. Go at a rapid pace while you breathe deeply.
This walk at the end of the day will also allow us to release tensions and relative problems . As you already know, stress is also an enemy to our health and our weight. If we get used to doing this daily walk at the end of the day, we will get a pleasant moment of relaxation with which to relieve tensions and see things differently.
You will arrive home relaxed. Do not hesitate to try it!
3. The benefits of a detoxifying bath
After giving our walk it is perfect to take a hot shower well relaxing . Once a week, for example, it would be advisable to prepare a detoxifying bath . It is true that we spend a little more water, but the benefits it brings are very important:
- We release toxins.
- We nourish our skin with vitamins and minerals.
- We feel renewed and reactivate energies.
This type of bath, by releasing toxins, deflating and reactivating us, also allows us to finish the day very adequately, helping us in our weight loss process. To do this, add 100 grams of baking soda, 5 drops of lavender essential oil, 100 grams of sea salt and a spoonful of grated ginger to your bath. Immerse yourself for half an hour and … Relax!
4. Infusions to lose weight at the last moment of the day
There are delicious natural infusions that we can take before going to sleep. They will help us to burn fat, get adequate vitamins and, in addition, to relax. Take note:
- Blueberry infusion: reduces the level of blood glucose and allows us to rest properly, has an attractive blue color and is delicious.
- Oolong tea: this famous oriental tea is well known for its benefits to allow us to lose weight.
- Infusion of roses: exquisite. According to the Journal of Food Science , rose tea is richer in antioxidants than green tea, has no caffeine and is ideal to take at night. It helps us fight constipation and avoids classic abdominal inflammation.
5. Prepare to get a good sleep
Sleeping properly will also allow us to lose weight . Surprised? So is. During the night, our lymphatic system performs important tasks of purifying toxins. Failure to do so, we retain in our body harmful elements that inflame us and prevent us from losing weight in a healthy way.
To achieve a more adequate sleep, it is necessary that our room is between 20º C and 24º C. It is always better that the temperatures are temperate. In the moment that exceeds these limits, the dream is no longer so adequate. Remember to close your electronic devices two hours before going to bed. In this way we avoid the overexcitation of its magnetic waves.
As you can see, these are simple tips that will allow us to take better care of our health and lose weight properly.