To end the accumulation of fats and love handles we must adopt a healthy lifestyle and practice physical activity. The consumption of certain foods can also help us.
The love handles are that unsightly accumulation of fat that, in the end, we end up assuming with a certain feeling of hopelessness.
Age, a slower metabolism or genetics, undoubtedly determine that tendency of some people against others to develop more or less love handles. Now, beyond the aesthetic problem, we are faced with an issue that concerns our health.
The abdomen that accumulates more fat than the indexes considered normal is an indicator of risk. We can develop heart disease, diabetes, hypertension, etc.
Eating, whether we like it or not, causes us to accumulate calories. However, our body needs them at an adequate level to obtain energy. So, remember: to lose those kilos the last thing we have to do is “stop eating”.
You have to eat well, and you have to do it with health. Who chooses, for example, skip one or several meals, what you get is to alter your metabolism and, consequently, lose muscle mass, not fat.
Therefore, nutritionists are clear. We must maintain healthy life habits and feed ourselves consciously . Choosing the foods that we are going to put on our table is key to losing, little by little, that accumulated fat.
Below, we offer you 5 keys.
1. Coffee and the oxidation of fats
One or two cups of coffee a day is synonymous with health . Your brain will thank you, your liver will fight multiple diseases and your weight will also notice it. We reiterate the fact once again: one or two cups of coffee. It is not about making us several liters of this drink to accelerate weight loss.
- If we follow a proper diet where coffee is not lacking, we will be able to reduce the love handles.
- According to a scientific study published in several medical journals, coffee helps us to promote the oxidation of fats.
- The balanced and regular consumption of caffeine accelerates the metabolism and allows us to burn fat, provided it is consumed in moderation.
- An excessive consumption of coffee could have the opposite effect by motivating the exacerbated release of hormones related to stress (adrenaline, noradrenaline, cortisol).
2. Bitter oranges at breakfast
Maybe more than one has drawn a gesture of disgust. Bitter oranges? So is.
Far from seeing this variety of fruit (C itrus aurantium ) as something unpleasant on the palate, it is enough to remember the ideal result of a good toast with bitter orange marmalade.
- Our breakfast would be very complete if we accompanied a bit of bitter orange with a toast of rye bread.
- This variety of orange contains phenylephrine. It is a very powerful compound when it comes to starting our metabolism when we are at rest.
- If we get used to consuming bitter orange in moderate doses we will achieve a satiating effect and a waist with less fat volume .
However, we must take into account one fact: consuming too much can cause hypertension.
3. Grapefruit or grapefruit for overweight
The grapefruit or grapefruit are those fabulous citrus that should not be missing in our diet. Always look for a natural grapefruit when preparing a juice before consuming bottling. You will gain health and you will take advantage of all its properties.
- Thanks to a study carried out at the University of Arizona (United States), consuming a grapefruit or grapefruit a day would be very suitable for overweight people.
- What this fruit does is not “lose weight”. It will not end with our love handles. What it does, in fact, is improve our heart health, reduce cholesterol and hypertension .
- This general adjustment of our health mediated by the grapefruit creates the perfect conditions so that, little by little, it is “easier” for us to lose weight. The grapefruit, therefore, does not do miracles … but it propitiates them.
4. Vinegar, but not all vinegars
At the time of losing weight and those annoying love handles choose apple cider vinegar, never balsamic vinegar . The latter, although more palatable, contains more calories.
- Apple cider vinegar is a millenary ingredient famous for its multiple and healthy properties.
- The University of Washington or the Bioscience magazine published several studies where it was shown that including apple cider vinegar in our diet favors the loss of abdominal fat.
- It also reduces bad cholesterol or LDL, helps us with clogged arteries and takes care of the lymph nodes.
5. Chilli peppers and love handles
We insist once again that the key to weight loss lies in a balanced diet and avoiding sedentary lifestyle . Just because the foods listed here help us fight the love handles does not mean we should consume them in excess.
This advice is essential when talking about spicy food or chilli peppers. Now, is it true that they help us lose weight? Seems that if.
- The secret of its slimming power is in capsaicin. It is a chemical compound present in peppers that confers that indescribable sensation that pleases so many people.
- It increases our metabolism, and also, it reduces our appetite.
- Also, according to the Journal of Proteome Research , capsaicin stimulates certain proteins capable of breaking down fat and inhibiting even its excessive accumulation.
If your stomach allows it, do not hesitate to spice up – from time to time – your dishes with a pinch of pepper. A little “heat” every so often feels very good.
Now that you know some key foods to enhance the loss of those annoying love handles, what are you waiting to include in your diet?