In most of the occasions, when it comes to exercising the legs we do not need machines and, in any case, we can take advantage of elements of daily use to achieve a better performance
In order to have strong and shapely legs, it is necessary to incorporate into the routine a training plan that focuses on the work of your muscles. Although eating habits play a major role, it is essential to adopt activities that allow them to work directly.
This allows the muscle mass to remain in good condition and, in turn, helps to keep the skin firm and elastic. In addition, since exercise improves circulation, it may be ideal to avoid imperfections such as varicose veins and cellulite.
The best of all is that it is not mandatory to access the machines and tools of a gym, as there are ways to exercise them from the comfort of home . On this occasion we want to share 5 good leg exercises so that you do not hesitate to practice them every day. You dare?
Squats are one of the basic exercises to strengthen the muscles of the legs and, in passing, tone the buttocks . They effectively work the entire lower body and, to top it off, help activate the metabolism to lose more fat.
How to do them?
- Stand with your legs shoulder-width apart and your back straight.
- Put your hands in front of the body, or on the sides of the head, and lower slowly, as if you were going to sit on a chair.
- When lowering the buttocks, make sure that the knees do not exceed the tips of the feet.
- Then, return to the starting position.
- Perform between 10 and 15 repetitions.
For good results, it is recommended to do 3 series per session.
The lunges serve to complement the previous exercise and, additionally, can help you improve balance and coordination.
How to do them?
- Stand up straight, with your hands holding your waist or behind your neck.
- Then, put one leg forward and at the same time, send the other leg back, so that the knees are almost touching the floor.
- The front leg is forming a 90º angle and, in this position, the buttocks are lowered next to the back leg.
- Get up with a slow movement and repeat the exercise with the opposite leg.
It is advised to perform 3 sets of 10 repetitions per leg.
3. Side displacements
The lateral displacements help us tone the muscles of the legs and also have benefits on the buttocks. They can even be supplemented with a squat to increase their physical demands.
How to make them?
- Stand upright, with your back straight, your feet together and your hands on your waist.
- Separate one of the legs laterally, so that the knee of the opposite leg is slightly flexed.
- If you want to make it more complete, when doing the flexion, lower your buttocks like doing a squat.
- Then, return to the starting position and repeat the activity with the other leg.
It is recommended to complete 10 repetitions for each side and 3 series.
The steps are usually done in the gym with a platform that receives the same name. However, as the idea is not to depend on these elements, the exercise can be done at home with a wooden bench or a step.
How to make them?
- Stand upright, with your back straight and your arms at your sides.
- Climb one of the feet to the bench and, immediately, raise the whole body until the leg is straight, while the other rises a little.
- Return to the starting position and perform the activity alternating legs.
You can perform 3 sets of 10 repetitions.
5. Quadriceps contractions
To finish this simple routine for the legs we propose an exercise that works the quadriceps . In this we do not need any machine, since we will only support ourselves with a chair .
How to do it?
- Sit in the chair, with your back straight and your legs relaxed.
- Put the arms to the sides and, maintaining this position, raise one of the legs to the front, so that the quadriceps are contracted.
- Lower the leg with a slow movement and repeat the exercise with the opposite leg.
It is recommended to perform 10 repetitions per side, until completing a total of 3 series.
Are you ready to work your legs without leaving home? Go ahead and invest a few minutes in these simple exercises and start fighting to give them a more toned look.