Give your morning a kickstart with this bacon/prosciutto-wrapped avocado egg, loaded with omega-3, protein, and healthy fatty acids – everything you need for a nourishing breakfast.
VIDEO SHOWING HOW TO MAKE BACON WRAPPED EGG & AVOCADO SURPRISE :
Prep: 15mCook: 5mReady: 15m
- 2 ripe, ready to eat avocados
- 2 eggs
- 6 bacon/prosciutto slices
- 2 T olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Chopped parsley, for garnish
- Tomato slices, for garnish
Bring a medium pot of water from low heat to a gentle simmer.
Using food-safe plastic wrap, line a small bowl and rub a little bit of olive oil on it.
Crack an egg into the lined bowl, pull the sides of the plastic wrap together, and tie a knot. Place the wrapped egg in the simmering water for 3 minutes. Repeat with the other egg.
Remove the eggs from the water and lay on a plate. Cut the plastic wrap open and gently separate the eggs. Set them aside.
- Prepare the prosciutto slices by flattening them with a back of a knife.
- Halve the avocado and remove outer skin. Scoop out the middle of the avocado so it is the same size as the poached egg. Carefully put the egg inside and enclose with both sides of the avocado.
- Wrap the sealed avocado tightly in prosciutto slices, two strips horizontally and one vertically. Repeat the steps for the other egg.
- Fry the prosciutto-wrapped avocado in olive oil over medium heat for about 10 minutes, starting with the loose ends of the bacon first. Turn frequently until the bacon is crispy all over.
- Place on a paper towel to drain the excess oil before serving. Slice the stuffed avocado, sprinkle with salt, pepper and chopped parsley. Serve with tomato slices.