Although it is often recommended to do exercises to improve health, many do not go to the gym. Know a series of exercises to do at home.
Multiple occupations and lack of time, are the usual excuses to maintain a sedentary lifestyle. Despite frequent warnings about the risks of not doing physical activity, many people are reluctant to go to the gym and still do not exercise.
Actually, if you want to exercise, you do not necessarily have to go to the gym, but what you need is discipline and a change of mentality. In fact, if you spend only a few minutes a day, you can perform a complete exercise routine to combat overweight and strengthen muscles .
In this opportunity we want to share a simple plan that you can do in any free space of the home. Start now!
Exercise plan to stay in shape without leaving home
The exercise plan that we propose in the following space is based on the exercise for brief intervals but with intensity. In other words, instead of doing activities for more than an hour, we will only do 15 or 20 minutes of more intense exercises.
Anyway, start cautiously and, if possible, consult a coach and your doctor to see your possibilities. The idea is to optimize it gradually once you gain physical resistance.
Jump the rope
This cardiovascular activity is perfect for warming up before putting into practice other more demanding exercises.
- Make between 50 and 70 jumps with the rope (as many as you can).
The squats focus on the work of the muscles of the lower part of the body: glutes and legs.
However, they are also ideal for burning fat and increasing physical endurance.
- First, standing with your legs shoulder-width apart, bend your knees and lower your buttocks.
- Make sure that, when going down, the knees do not exceed the tips of the feet.
- Then, return to the starting position, with a slow movement.
- Make 3 sets of 15 repetitions.
There are many positions to work the abdominal muscles . However, to make it simple and effective, we propose so-called “bicycle abs”.
- First, lie on your back, with your hands on the back of your neck and your legs extended.
- Then, raise your legs at a 45-degree angle
- Next, try to touch the knee with the elbow on the opposite side.
- Make alternate movements with each leg and perform as many repetitions as you can for 30 seconds.
The bridge is an exercise that strengthens the buttocks and the abdomen. In fact, it is recommended to reduce recurrent back pain.
- Stand on your back, arms extended to the sides of your body,
- Then, bend the knees and raise the pelvis towards the ceiling.
- Hold the posture for 20 seconds without arching the lower back
- Then rest and perform another 3 repetitions.
The popular lizards or push-ups are one of the best activities to strengthen the muscles of the arms and upper body.
- First, face up, resting on the balls of your feet, with your hands at shoulder height.
- Go up and down the body slowly, with the abdomen contracted and without breaking the lower back.
- Slowly lower the whole body straight.
- If you find it difficult, lean on your knees instead of your feet.
- Perform 3 sets of 10 repetitions each.
The iron has become quite popular because, in addition to working the abdomen, it benefits the strengthening of other muscle groups.
- First, lean on the floor on the forearms and the tips of the feet.
- Contract the abdomen and make sure to keep your back firm and aligned.
- Hold the body for 30 seconds, squeezing the buttocks and abdomen.
- Make 2 or 3 series.
The splits are similar to the stride, but include more cardiovascular work .
- First, put yourself in stride position, with one leg to the front and one to the back.
- Lower the back leg, as if you wanted to touch the floor with the knee.
- Instead of making a slow movement, as in strides, perform a jump changing the position of the legs.
- Perform the jumps and exercise for 20 or 30 seconds.
The constant practice of these exercises, at least 3 times a week, can serve to keep fit. However, it is essential to improve nutrition and, in general, maintain a healthy lifestyle.
- Adopt a healthy diet, controlled in calories and containing all the essential nutrients.
- Avoid the so-called ” miracle diets “.
- Increase the consumption of water and natural low-calorie drinks.
- Limit the intake of saturated fats, sugars and refined flours.
- Avoid consuming alcoholic beverages.
- Sleep well and perform relaxation techniques to avoid stress .
Are you still living in a sedentary lifestyle? There are no excuses! Go ahead and do these exercises at home and discover how good they are to have a better physical and mental state.