This hearty Italian soup is made with pasta and beans. This minestrone is great for batch cooking, just divide into portions and pop in the freezer and wonderfully warming soup will never be far from your bowl.
Prep: 5mCook: 5 hrsReady: 5 hs, 5m
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 1 (15 ounces) can low-sodium crushed tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounces can low-sodium diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounces) can low-sodium kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 yellow onion, chopped small
- 1 cup celery, chopped small
- 1 cup carrot, chopped small
- 1 cup fresh green beans, chopped into 1/2 inch to 1-inch pieces
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 cup whole wheat elbow macaroni pasta
- 1 small zucchini, chopped into small cubes
- 3 cups kale, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup fat-free parmesan cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, roughly chopped
- In a slow cooker, combine all ingredients except macaroni, zucchini, kale, parmesan, and fresh basil.
- Cook on low for 6 hours or on high for 4 hours. Add the macaroni pasta, zucchini, and kale. Cook for an additional hour on high or until kale is wilted and macaroni is tender.
- Ladle into serving bowls and sprinkle with parmesan. Top with fresh basil. Serve and enjoy!