Combining the different abdominal exercises will ensure a complete workout and an effective routine without the need to go to the gym or use special equipment.
Training from home can be a difficult task if you do not have enough knowledge or motivation to do it. Therefore, here we present six abdominal exercises that you can perform from the comfort of your home.
Go ahead and get that flat and toned abdomen you so desire!
Abdominal exercises to train at home
1. The iron
The iron or plank is one of the most common exercises for working abs. The best thing is that you do not need to do repetitions , you just have to have an appropriate posture.
In addition, this exercise is a challenge, since it is required to endure to the maximum and to test your resistance.
- To begin, you have to put your legs in an extended position and position yourself to do push-ups, resting your elbows on the ground and keeping them at the same height as your shoulders.
- Here it is a matter of tightening the abdomen and holding on tightly,then, the longer you hold on, the better.
- Additionally, it can be complemented with push-ups and slaps during its execution, which makes it quite useful for work from home.
- You can do 4 repetitions of 20 seconds each.
2. Russian drafts
The Russian gyrations represent a different way of working the abdomen.
- We should lie on the floor looking towards the ceiling.
- Likewise, we will keep our feet together, and stretch our arms, without any flexion.
- Once this is done we must turn the torso as far as possible to the rightand hold for a few seconds. Then, we repeat to the opposite side.
- You have to redo this procedure between two and three times.
3. The climber
This exercise involves almost all the muscles of the body , and can be included in cardiovascular exercise routines, since it increases the number of heart beats per minute.
- First, you must position yourself in a flexing position, joining the hands under the shoulders and keeping the body perfectly straight.
- Next, squeeze your abs tightly and move with your knees forward .
- Then, repeat the procedure from the initial position but with the other knee. When you include it in the routine you will notice a big difference and your body will appreciate it.
- You can do between 20 and 25 repetitions.
4. Scissors bows
The main objective of this exercise is to create a right angle between the two legs. It is essential that you do not bend your knees and keep your legs suspended in the air .
- To start, you should lie on your back and place your hands on the floor.
- Then, place your hands under your buttocks and, without separating the arms, begin to raise one leg.
- Next, lift both legs and suspend them in the air for a few minutes.
- Then hold the position for a few seconds in the air and try to perform between 25 and 30 repetitions each time.
5. Spider man pushups
It consists in performing a flexion at the same time that one of the feet tries to touch the elbow . The name comes from the complicated movements you must do to achieve it.
It is really good to practice in open spaces and allows you to develop the muscles of your abdomen in a fun way , in addition to other areas. You must do 20 and 30 repetitions.
6. Frog kicks
Frog kicks serve to work the middle and upper abdomen, which are undoubtedly two of the most difficult areas to tone.
- First of all, to do it, you will have to support yourself with your buttocks and your hands on the floor.
- Then you must lift your legs, with your knees bent.
- Then you will have to move your legs back and forth, while you look with your chest to join the two parties.
- Precisely the point of union will be the abdominal wall in which you will have to feel the pressure and tension of the exercise to be effective.
- 10 to 20 repetitions should be done.
A maximum 40 seconds rest is recommended between each exercise.
Beyond putting these six exercises into practice, you have to be aware that in order to achieve effective results, you must be consistent and do these routines continuously .
They are really effective to flatten the belly if they are done constantly, but we must not forget the importance of following a healthy diet . Only the combination of both aspects will make our effort pay off.